Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bom dia de Brasil


Oh boy, for some reason, my blog editing site is displaying in Portuguese because I'm in Brazil. Hopefully my translation skills are OK and this entry prints up accurately. I'm here accepting NWA's first Embraer aircraft. It has been a busy trip, and trying to communicate with the Portuguese-speaking workers at Embraer, the Compass Airlines employees who will be operating the aircraft, and with the execs at NWA who make the decisions but are never in their office or available for a conference call, has proven difficult. Our trip has been delayed 1 day, and hopefully only 1 day.
I did manage to relax yesterday at Ihlabela; the "beautiful island" off the coast of the state of Sao Paulo; city of Sao Sebastian. It was absolutely gorgeous, and after one Caipirinha, I was in a state of total satisfaction and relaxation. I snorkeled, jogged along the beach, dug my toes in the sand, and ate seafood. The only bad thing about the trip is that I'm feeling the effects of the mosquito bites that itch worse than any bite I've endured in the humid, Minnesota northwoods. Tomorrow is back to reality, and Tuesday is back to the states, and Saturday begins the three weekends in a row of triathlons. Needless to say I haven't been training much since I've been here...
Check out the travel blog for pics from Ihlabela.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vince was SO excited to hear that you'd been to La Isla Bonita - he loves that song!

We miss you.